VP, Development - Silvergate Media
Culver City | Req ID: JR22-10837
Programming at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
Silvergate Media is looking for a VP, Development to manage development across the company. The ideal candidate should be able to bring a wide range of new ideas to the table and have extensive knowledge of animation. Reports to the SVP of Development.
- Cultivating ideas into standout television series and brands for kids
- Managing the creation of all development materials including concepts, treatments, scripts, designs, animation tests, series bibles, pitch decks, and budget etc.
- Identifying and sourcing key talent for various development projects including writers, studios, artists, and directors
- Hearing pitches, participating in notes calls, attending creative and general meetings
- Providing creative guidance and feedback on development and series projects
Writing coverage for incoming materials
- Coordinate with Production Management to ensure development contracts, timelines, and budgets are accurate and in scope
- 7 years of series development experience
- Must be passionate about children’s media and animation.
- Excellent writer of coverage for all types of content.
- Knowledge of development and writer relationships.
- Creative thinker with a passion for content development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
- A proven track record for driving high performance content and growth.
- Strong writing and communication skills as well as an understanding of production.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.