Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-10570 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is a premier producer and distributor for network, syndication, and cable markets. SPT has formed or invested in international networks with 132 channel feeds in more than 142 countries reaching approximately 500 million households worldwide. SPE also grants licensing rights to its large library of television programs and motion pictures to broadcast and cable networks, network affiliates and independent stations in the United States, and to international television stations and other broadcasters throughout the world. In addition, SPE produces local language programming and has licensed SPE owned formats in approximately 75 countries around the world. Currently, television operations produce or distribute approximately 60 programs worldwide, spanning all formats and genres; SPE has both domestic and international production capabilities, and creates local programming in thirteen languages worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Vice President, US Distribution. This position is part of the US Distribution team and is based in the Sony Pictures Television offices in Los Angeles. This role will report to the Senior Vice President of US Distribution.
Represent SPE's library of TV shows and features:
- Develop sales materials and plan pitches utilizing a working knowledge of the TV shows and features available for licensing.
- Present program licensing opportunities to clients and negotiate deals.
- Create strong relationships with Pay, Cable, SVOD and AVOD clients; understand their needs; problem-solve requests.
- Collaborate with senior management, distribution teammates and partners in sales support (e.g., sales planning, business affairs, marketing and research) to develop general and customized solutions for clients.
- Grow existing accounts through targeted offerings:
- Expand the number of licenses with clients
- Demonstrate increased value and optimized terms for each deal.
- Maximize license fees for individual products.
- Create new business opportunities:
- Strategically pursue and win new, key accounts.
- Maximize the value of the library catalogue.
- Be creative with the breadth and depth of the library to develop customized presentations for genre-based and niche offerings.
- Be a leading member of the sales team.
- Know the competitive marketplace.
- Stay current with industry trends and SPE priorities.
- High TV IQ -- the candidate must know the pay TV/SVOD/transactional landscape, be an avid TV watcher (familiar with both current and past shows) as well as features.
- Proven experience in leading the lifecycle of deal from pitch to execution with a minimum of 7 years of lead sales experience.
- Strategic thinker with advanced sales, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Results-driven with strong customer focus and relationship management.
- Extensive experience leading complex content distribution deals in all media (Pay TV, SVOD, ADVOD, FVOD, Basic, VOD and EST).
- Key knowledge of digital rights and the interplay between evolving business models across different television media.
- Strong knowledge of television series production business models across new media, broadcast, and cable originals.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with production and business affairs teams to enhance series value.
- Ability to explore new business models/ develop term sheets/ understand rights in quick turnaround.
- Solid experience in cold-calling/ effective presentations.
- Experience working on multiple, prospective deals with the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Motivated self-starter with experience working with both start-up and established businesses.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to details, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- BA degree, MBA strongly preferred.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”