VP, Partner & Account Management Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10446 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation Global Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
VP, Partner & Account Management
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a VP, Partner & Account Management to drive success for Funimations’ content partners as we scale our global organization.
This role will work closely with the acquisitions and marketing teams to maintain a 360 view of the account.
- Establish and build strong relationships with assigned Licensors; lead key process flows weekly status reports and escalation resolution etc.
- Lead quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with licensors outlining key value creation activities and addressing any concerns
- Provide oversight over key business activities including:
- Work with finance to oversee the process of sales/royalty reports and payments review; work with finance to ensure payments are accurate and are delivered on time
- Maintain and provide list of all contracts; mobilize key members of organization at time when contracts are up for renewal and take to resolution
- Conduct weekly buyer meetings and periodic Business Reviews to refine forecasts and promotional planning.
- Identify business opportunities with assigned licensors and work with internal partners to create customized plans to drive results. This does not include day to day marketing activities and approvals, but a 360 holistic view of the account
- Develop and implement annual strategic plans, per partner, designed to optimize and grow their success on our services
- Serve as internal leadership across marketing, licensing, finance and other cross-functional stakeholders to maintain a 360 view for key licensors.
- Serve as internal advocate, evangelist and expert in service to Funimations’ licensors, constantly looking for opportunities to drive more mutual benefit
- Hire and manage a growing team of account managers and specialists
- Oversee trafficking of asset approvals between the US and Japan for our merchandising business
- Establish and reinforce Funimation’s reputation as the partner-of-choice by delivering the highest standard of excellence: business reporting, insights, identifying opportunities, proactively creating pathways for smooth execution
- Acquire in-depth understanding of our business in each internal department to address
- Maintain an open dialogue with licensors and assist with implementation of solution and reporting of our activities.
- Coordinate all needs for licensor visits ensuring a great experience for our partners. This includes coordination of translators, site visits, entertainment, etc. Maintain calendar of licensor visits and coordinate with internal stakeholders for successful execution
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a partner management role in the entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of the anime industry: the content, players and platforms
- Experience with international business
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Lifelong learner, seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
- Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."