VP People, Employee Relations & Policy
Culver City, CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11529 Apply View Saved Jobs
VP People, Employee Relations & Policy
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief People Officer, this position will provide thought leadership on workplace practices and policies that support our desired culture and provide key leadership in creating programs that ensure a respectful workplace necessary to optimize performance. This role will partner collaboratively with the People Organization and other teams to ensure consistency, compliance, and high-quality service delivery from the Employee Relations and Immigration teams to further enhance SPE’s employee experience.
- Partner with various groups (BPs, Labor Relations, Employment Law, Investigative Services, and Security) on issues relating to serious and sensitive employee relations matters.
- Lead or oversee confidential investigations of claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and other policy violations, and provide guidance on outcomes and communication.
- Develop and implement standardized processes for investigations, including tracking and documenting as well accompanying training and documentation.
- Prepare, revise, and advise on implementing company policies and processes consistent with changes in laws and regulations, best practices, and company culture.
- Advise on accommodations related to disabilities, medical conditions, and religion to drive consistency across the company.
- Launch new performance calibration initiative aimed at standardizing and ensuring consistency across the company; provide ad hoc guidance to BPs on disciplinary actions and performance improvement to ensure consistency across the company.
- Design, develop, and deliver ongoing employee relations and policy training to the P&O community.
- Oversee and support in-house expertise on all US immigration matters, ensure that BPs and leaders are supported in acquiring and retaining talent in the US via work visas and permanent residence and ensure compliance with all relevant US immigration requirements.
- Manage a team of professionals providing oversight and direction on day-to-day activities as well as ongoing career coaching and development.
- Partner with others on the People team and Employment Legal as needed on People related programs and initiatives.
- Participate and/or lead special projects as required.
- Lead and/or support on RFIs and RFPs for consultants/vendors in the areas of Employee Relations/Immigration.
- Manage vendor escalations and ensure high quality service delivery on behalf of SPE.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Advanced degree in Human Resources or related field; and/or JD (a plus).
- Ten to 15 years of progressive responsibilities in Human Resources positions, particularly in employee relations, labor relations and performance management areas.
- Ability to lead and manage people effectively.
- Strong knowledge of employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations.
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and advising accordingly – developing creative solutions.
- Proven ability to influence decision making; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters.
- Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
- Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."