VP, Worldwide Television Distribution Finance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-10965 Apply View Saved Jobs
We are searching for a VP, Worldwide (WW) Television Distribution Finance to join our team. This role reports directly to the EVP/DCFO of Global Distribution and directly manages/develops a team of ten professionals.
- Responsible for all aspects of the WW financial planning process for income statements, cash flows, and overhead. This includes mid-range plan, quarterly forecast, bi-weekly, and budget processes. Specifically includes:
- Consolidation of Global figures
- Process definition and organization
- Collaboration with non-US based colleagues
- Communication and explanations of figures to MPG and TVP
- Executive deck preparation and often presenting thereof
- Evaluation and implementation of process improvement
- Support monthly close analysis of WW revenues, direct costs, overhead and cash flow
- Build and maintain financial models/analyses for “greenlight” approvals and subsequent ultimates
- Partner with all Production divisions and Content Strategy for understanding of ultimate and revenue flow impacts as part of key review cycles
- Provide commercial support for global sales and new digital business teams
- Work with non-US team members in support of both local and global ad-hoc analyses
- Prepare financial analyses in support of new business models
- Collaborate with the Sales Planning and Product Strategy groups to identify and initiate financial analyses of internal and external data
- Develop and implement processes to leverage existing global tools and streamline workflows
- Complete special projects for operations and finance as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERENCES
- BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus required
- Ten+ years public and/or private accounting experience required. TV Distribution and/or International experience a plus.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred, strong MS Excel skills required
CORE SKILLS / KEY COMPETENCIES
- Able to quickly grasp new concepts, problem solve and communicate with local/distant team through tactical execution
- Ability to operate effectively in a deadline driven environment, managing competing priorities and independently managing projects through completion.
- Track record of team, and individual member, development
- Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker, with strong ability to collaborate across team environment
- Solid accounting / GAAP knowledge – ASC 606 a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with multiple levels of the organization
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”