Worldwide Acquisitions Production & Post-Production Intern, MPG - Spring 2020
Culver City, CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11534 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring Internship is from January through end of May and all candidates must be able to work between 15-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).
We oversee Physical and Post Production for all projects for the Worldwide Acquisitions Group (SPWA). Our involvement in the division’s 40+ projects/year begins with analyzing perspective projects at script phase and continues all the way to delivery and release. Many of our projects’ budgets tend to be in the $3-5M range.
- Review perspective project packages for budget, scheduling, location and script issues
- Assist with reading scripts, writing coverage and logging submission into the database
- View films & production footage (dailies) and provide notes
- Work with other department Interns on long term projects
- Review calendars for upcoming and active projects
- Evaluate proposed delivery schedules and post production calendars and budgets
- Sit in on meetings, both internal staff meetings and project meetings with producers, etc.
- Identify up-and-coming writers, directors and producers.
- Passion for film and interest in Film Making.
- Desire to work in a physical or post production position in the future
- Past experience in production and genuine interest in learning the business, knowledge of film making
- Familiarity with writing script coverage and project management & analysis
- Organized and detail oriented
- Microsoft Office
- Positive and eager attitude
- Undergraduate student studying in relevant field
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."