Accounting Billing, Funimation (Dallas)
Dallas , TexasREQ ID JR19-11722 Apply View Saved Jobs
FUNimation is currently seeking a Billing Accountant within the Finance team in Dallas, TX. This position will reside within the A/R group of the Finance department and will report directly to the A/R Supervisor. The role will mainly provide financial and administrative services to ensure business to consumer (B2C) customer purchases, returns, and payments are received and managed throughout each system and applied accurately. The position will be tasked with continuous improvements of processes and procedures. Knowledge in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes Oxley is needed.
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service, FunimationNow, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
The core responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
- Manage automated and manual FunNow platform processes for shop and subscription sales to B2C customers
- Ensure automated shop invoices and credit memos are accurately created and coded
- Ensure manual journal entries for subscription sales are accurately created and coded with proper support attached
- Ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy through proper application of accounting principles
- Communicate to Sales and Operation departments to resolve and/or correct issues
- Review and process credit memo requests for account adjustments related to tax; disputes and refunds to customer
- Research and resolve customer purchases and payment discrepancies from initial point of sale or return to ERP system
- Prepare daily and monthly reconciliation of cash receipts to the GL and bank statements
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable schedules necessary for financial reporting deliverables
- Responsible for the preparation of all required interim and final audit work-papers and ensure that work-papers and/or schedules are completed by the required due date
- Responsible for the accuracy of work-papers and/or schedules and analyzing and explaining any variances or discrepancies
- Research inquiries from other departments and respond in a timely manner
- Responsible for adhoc analysis and projects as needed
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 plus years in Accounts Receivable
- Thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable functions
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes Oxley with the ability to put them into practice as well as the Order-to-Cash process
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be well organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the company
- Effective team player with demonstrated work ethic and a strong initiative to succeed
- Demonstrate understanding of assigned processes and ability to identify process improvements
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."