Coordinator, Sales Planning & Operations
London , United KingdomREQ ID JR19-11638 Apply View Saved Jobs
Please note that this role is based in theUnited Kingdom.In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
The role of Coordinator, Sales Planning & Operations works within our Sales Planning function across all media - Pay-TV, Basic-TV, Free-TV, SVOD with a key focus of responsibility on Transactional VoD and EST in the CEEMA Territories (CEE, Russia & CIS, Middle East, Africa). This position will support and provide cover for colleagues in Dubai, Moscow and London.
The candidate will ideally have a background in TV Distribution or have worked previously in a media role with some existing knowledge of the broadcast landscape in Europe and has strong administration and IT skills as well as a proactive and adaptable personality.
The job’s most important functions and responsibilities to support London and Regional teams are:
Deal Management & Administration
- Track the workflow and approval process of new Contracts, Amendments and Notification for all deals in territories within the region, including appropriate filing of final documents.
- Maintain a regional Deal Tracking Calendar for the team for client schedules, supply of availability lists, Client Notifications etc.
- Set up and maintain deals in Rights and Deal Management system as required including the Deal Log & Digital Rights entry
- Manage contractual obligations, e.g. Runs Of Series and ensure all deadlines are met
- Uphold Sales Planning procedures by seeking appropriate reviews and approvals at all times
- Client Support: - liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
- Ensure clients have access to Screening Room or that screening materials for content are made available
Central VOD/EST Management for CEEMA
- Update all deals with upcoming current titles every month and send schedules to clients
- Update territory trackers using digital avails from Home Entertainment
- Process monthly overages for client in internal systems.
- Liaise with Home Entertainment to validate actual release dates
- Liaise with Finance Service centre in Poland and manage queries on billing
- Update regional digital trackers with reports from clients
Forecasting and Planning
- Take ownership for ensuring all assigned deals in RPM /S2F are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain annual forecast, process changes in a timely manner and keep Sales informed of updates regularly as relates to own deals.
- Responsible for entering budget and mid-range plan information for relevant territories & media
- Attend and contribute to regular forecast review meetings with Territory Sales, Planning and Finance
- Analyse reports for available product and identify appropriate titles that meet client and sales criteria
- Provide Avails by utilizing Sales Presentation tools to innovate commercial solutions
- Collaborate on the coordination and release of TV & Feature product across digital windows. Maintain Sold Series Tracker with air dates, to allow for EST/Physical release in a timely manner
Internal Relationship Management
- Liaise with Finance to ensure timely payments and support Home Office with audit questions
- Liaise frequently with CMDG (Content Mastering and Delivery Group) to ensure in time material delivery
- Create and maintain relationships with contacts in other key divisions including HomeEntertainment, Theatrical, Home Office, Legal, Marketing, and IT
- Facilitate close collaboration with and support of Regional offices by ensuring materials and communication from London are shared
- Responsible for managing team Shared Drives and folders. Ensure all key documentation associated with the Regions is correctly filed
- Provide ad hoc reporting for the Region where required – for example - Sales History Reports by territory or product, subscriber reports, royalty tracking reports, deal summary reports, Home Entertainment release reports
- Support team with preparation of presentations for Sales Meetings and Trade Fairs e.g. Mipcom, LA Screenings by using internal Software solutions, e.g. Sales Presenter Tool
- Provide cover to Sales Planning colleagues for holiday or sick leave
Qualifications and Competencies
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to a minimum undergraduate degree level is desirable
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience in a media environment
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, formula), PowerPoint and must be confident learning new systems
- Fluency in English is essential
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness
- Able to provide information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable - Evaluates, selects and acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so
- Good communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; able to express ideas, thought and concepts clearly in writing (structure, grammar, organisation)
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person
- Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues during busy periods
- Attend and participate in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
- Demonstrate an effort to reach out, work and collaborate with resources outside their territory and region
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."