Finance Analyst, UK TV Production
London , United KingdomREQ ID JR20-10088 Apply View Saved Jobs
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment’s London office has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join their team and help support their UK TV Production division.
Specifically, this role will support the UK OpCo’s and minority interest companies in the TV Production division working closely with management within the local Production Companies, Home Office Finance, Capgemini and Accounting hubs.
In this role you will be a key point of contact for the production accountants and wider production team in managing production costs to budget as well as supporting ongoing production and business operationally. You will cover production accounting support; planning support and companies support for 1-2 of the OpCos and minority interest companies.
Excellent communication and organisation skills are essential as you will need to work effectively across various teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Business & Operational Support
- Working with production accountants to regularly review costs managers in identifying any variances to budget and raise any concerns of risks of overages
- Working with Business Affairs team to ensure progress on agreements to be signed
- Support the audit process for the production companies to include being one of the key contacts for external auditors
- Support in the ongoing transition to our new outsourced finance partner, Capgemini
Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare production cashflow forecast on regular basis to identify and raise any cash funding requirements
- Prepare and manage overhead budgets for production companies
- Support FD in preparation and management of planning cycles i.e. MRP, Budget, Quarterly forecasts
- Manage planning cycles submission into BPC Analysis for Office system for OpCo
Process & Oversight
- Oversight of finance reporting from the Capgemini team
- Working with OTC team to ensure billings raised in timely fashion in line with production agreements and any escalation issues dealt with promptly
- Working with production accountants and Capgemini team to ensure reconciliation of finance actuals with production accounting system and production cost managers
- Oversight of VAT returns reporting
Projects & Continuous Improvement
- Support any IT systems enhancements and implementations i.e. Access Dimensions, BPC
- Ad hoc project tasks as they may arise
To be considered for this role you must able to demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typically 2-4 years proven experience in Finance with 2-4 years in the Entertainment industry
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA) – open to those at final stages of exams or newly qualified.
- Highly proficient and proven level of IT skills including Excel, Access Dimensions and SAP
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of current UK GAAP and US GAAP
- Ability to effectively communicate across the Business and Finance organization with strong English oral and written skills and demonstrate a willingness to generate and share information.
- Possess a well organised and efficient approach combined with the capability to follow through work on own initiative to completion
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Possess the ability to influence at all levels and gain immediate creditability across the business
- Flexible approach as well as possessing the ability to cope well under pressure, multi-task, prioritise effectively and efficiently to ensure work is carried out accurately, in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and make administrative decisions based on a broad understanding of relevant policies and/or operational requirements, while also knowing when to escalate issues higher
- Establish and confidently cultivate positive working relationships internally across departments and externally
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion or belief, gender, marital status, pregnancy or maternity leave status, or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."