Head of PR and Partnerships - Maternity Cover
London , United KingdomREQ ID JR22-11556 Apply View Saved Jobs
Please note that this role is based in theUnited Kingdom.In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
We are, Sony Pictures Entertainment!
We are in the business of creativity… making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe. We are looking for innovators to join us as we forge the future of entertainment!
This role leads the PR and client partnership strategy across the UK Distribution business, seeking to deliver creative and effective campaigns to support SPE product launches and improve our relationships with key partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing PR strategy for UK home entertainment product launches, delivering creative campaigns that maximise return on investment for the UK business whilst ensuring that other EMEA territories without dedicated PR resource can capitalise on opportunities.
- Working with all UK distribution and networks business lines to ensure consistent and clear client touchpoints and communications
- Line management responsibility for Social Media Manager role with oversight of owned and earned social media channel strategy.
- Reports into the Marketing Director, ensuring PR and promotions are making valuable contributions to overall marketing mix.
Key Responsibilities breakdown:
- Full accountability for delivering the publicity strategy across the whole product portfolio for Feature Film and TV slate.
- Responsible for all media/talent liaison and organisation of consumer/customer launch events, press interviews and junkets. Management of this process for EMEA territories without dedicated PR resource.
- Coordinate talent access for key clients across the Home Entertainment and TV Distribution windows.
- Manage external PR agencies, including pitch process and contract negotiations.
- Develop strong working relationships with key collaborators, including distribution partners, filmmakers and licensors.
- Partner with local Theatrical and TV publicity groups to maximise opportunities across windows.
30% Client partnerships and communications:
- Client events, screenings and entertainment – ensuring we are optimising our investment in this area by bringing in all relevant areas of the business
- Co-ordinate slate presentations and business updates to key partners
- Work closely with Marketing Director, Commercial VPs and country manager on deciding key touchpoints for B2B comms to partners and affiliates and help implement the communications and events.
- Work with corp comms ensure we are raising our key execs profiles and have a presence at relevant markets
- Work with Corp Comms to ensure we are press releasing and announcing key sales/acquisitions/corporate announcements.
- Develop and implement strategy behind rewards entries and ensure we are represented at all key industry awards.
15% Social Media & Line management:
- Strategic oversight of SPE owned/branded social media channels across windows.
- Line management responsibility for Social Media Manager.
- Lead all aspects of the development of innovative social media campaigns for key releases, managing relationships with external agencies.
- Accountable for social activation budget and P&L.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
- Proven experience in PR or Marketing, preferably in the entertainment sector.
- Demonstrable success and track record of effective agency management.
- Solid understanding of PR, promotions and media in the Entertainment industry
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and experience of successful social campaigns.
- Experience of managing agencies and third parties.
- Line management experience preferable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisation skills and event planning.
- Solid analytical skills to measure performance and Return on Investment
- A high standard of influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop positive relationships and capabilities.
- Motivational and upbeat leadership skills.
- Passionate about team and people development.
- Highly effective in managing both internal and external partners.
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).undefined
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”