Network Engineer (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
London , United KingdomREQ ID JR21-11108 Apply View Saved Jobs
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a technical resource in a team focused on Operations and Project Delivery, part of a Global group, but based in our London Paddington office and focused primarily on EMEA and APAC. The position may involve some travel and will include some weekend/evening hours, as well as participation in an on-call rota.
What you will be working on:
Whilst the primary focus is in the networking arena the team’s remit covers core-infrastructure technology design, build, implementation and 1st/2nd level support in the following areas:
- Cisco based environment
- WAN/LAN infrastructure
- Internet connectivity
- Network Security
- Digital Multimedia
- Remote Access
- Network Management
- Project delivery
- Identify and troubleshoot problems within the network environment.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and partner support organizations.
- Network resource for delivery of complex projects at local, regional and global levels.
- Update and configure Network Management systems.
- Perform scheduled work outside of normal business hours incl. weekends, either online or at one of our London CoLo facilities.
- Travel to offices located around the world to perform job-related support/implementation tasks and/or attend meetings.
- Participate in an ‘on-call’ reactive support process providing 07:00 to 19:00 cover, 365 days per year.
- This will be on an approximate 1 week in 4 basis. Although normal hours of work are 9.00-5.30+.
What we need from you:
- At least 2-3 years experience within a Network Support Team ideally providing support to Cisco based, global LAN and WAN networks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to function equally effectively both within a busy team environment or on an individual basis.
- Flexible approach to your work as occasional out of hours and weekend work may be necessary (2-3 times a month).
Required Technical Skills:
- Communication protocols [including TCP/IP]
- IP routing principles and routing protocols including some understanding of BGP.
- LAN technologies [including Ethernet, VLANs, Spanning Tree]
- WAN technologies [including MPLS and SD-WAN]
- Virtualized networks (VRF, MPLS-VPN, iBGP etc.)
- VPN technologies [including site-to-site & remote client, IPSEC]
- Network Management and Monitoring [including Solarwinds, Netflow]
- IPAM/DNS/DHCP [including Infoblox].
- Wireless [including Cisco and Aruba centralised controllers].Operation and configuration.
- Firewall management [including Palo Alto, Panorama, Cisco ASA, SecureTrack]
- Cisco switching and routing platforms [Catalyst 3k, 4k, 6k, 9k, ISR, ASR]
- Authentication [including AAA, Cisco ACS/ISE, PKI, 802.1x], including concepts for Network Admission Control.
- Cisco qualification to CCNA/CCNP level (not necessarily current) or equivalent experience.
- Media Industry Experience (Studio, Production, Post-Prod etc.)
- Aruba wireless
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco DNA Center
- Network Mapping Software
- Scripting/Automation Tools (e.g. Python, Ansible)
- Experience of Cisco Nexus platform.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”