Senior Analytics and Insights Manager (12 month fixed term)
London , United KingdomREQ ID JR22-10994 Apply View Saved Jobs
Please note that this role is based in theUnited Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
As the International content distribution market continues to evolve Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is committed to reshaping alongside the industry. The mechanism for this is the ‘re-imagining’ program initiated to bring together and optimize the TV Distribution, Home Entertainment and Networks businesses.
Based in London and working across Western Europe; this role is responsible for commercial analysis and financial forecasting across multiple countries, including territories in which SPHE distributes content via third party relationships. This role offers growth and development potential within both the fields of commercial business partnering and analytics.
This senior manager will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, from different business areas and across different territories, providing business insight and analytical expertise to support informed commercial decision making and owning the financial reporting and modelling, which feeds into corporate finance processes. The owner of this role will be expected to present analysis/insight and recommendations of the highest quality to VP, SVP and EVP levels.
The successful candidate will:
- Own the planning, reporting and forecasting process for multiple distribution territories covering digital and physical distribution as well as different distribution models
- Be confident in producing and discussing strategic analysis and scenario plans to enable future decision making and course correction
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in Commercial, Finance, Marketing and country management
- Deliver clear, precise outputs accompanied by insight which can be used across multiple levels within the business
- Be able to challenge territories in a positive way to ensure that forecasts and plans are robust and appropriate for the market and to enable Sony to maximise our business
Planning, reporting and financial modelling:
- Own the financial transactional forecasting process across Italy and Nordics. This includes coordinating the forecasting process across physical third-party distributors, whilst challenging their numbers to enable the delivery of robust and realistic forecasts; building digital bottom-up forecasts in collaboration with TDAMs to create accurate targets that drive maximum revenue for the business; owning the budget submissions process, including phasing titles by month, so they can be loaded easily into internal financial systems; producing regular comparisons between latest estimate and previous financial submissions as requested by central finance, whilst communicating commercial implications of financial results to key stakeholders.
- Be a key contact for the annual commercial planning process across Italy and Nordics generating reports, tables and charts to support territory plan communications.
- Own, develop and maintain financial tracking documents and monthly management reporting. This includes the clear communication of results in the form of a monthly scorecard to country managers, leveraging internal and external insights to align with SPHE strategic goals and measures; weekly territory trackers that display date moves, changes to box office and movements on new release titles.
- Build relationships with key personnel in central finance; being a lead contact for requests/information/queries on Italy and Nordics; checking forecasts after they have been submitted to ensure they are loaded correctly in the internal systems; coordinating requests between third parties to enable smooth delivery of forecasts into internal systems.
- Analyse deal terms on an account basis at contract renegotiation, providing forecasts, challenging counter arguments and making recommendations around business materiality thresholds to drive profit.
- Provide P&L modelling to aid commercial planning and strategy. This includes financial modelling and making recommendations around theatrical windows and monitoring and reviewing the structure distribution deals, with recommendations on future strategy.
- Approve and track marketing budgets throughout the year, working alongside commercial teams to drive maximum profit for the studio.
Commercial analysis and market data:
- Main point of contact for TDAM’S commercial requests across Italy and Nordics digital home entertainment accounts. This includes reporting upon sales, financial data and market trends.
- Along with the commercial team, support joint business planning processes with digital clients, distribution partners and licensees.
- Provide analytical support to TDAMs during key negotiations with digital partners, helping to drive margin negotiations with deal terms to help maximise Sony business
- Act as a strategic business partner to key stakeholders by focusing on delivering territory strategic objectives and providing quarterly updates against objectives.
- Drive performance on new release titles with the digital teams, to best exploit titles. When appropriate, hold post-mortem reviews on titles.
- Maintain and report upon databases containing detailed digital sales data as provided by clients (e.g. iTunes Connect) and data aggregators. This includes acting as a key contact for Business Objects reporting and constantly thinking of new ways to report data, utilising company reporting tools (Tableau and Power BI) as appropriate.
- Own and create models and tools that allow commercial teams to assess GP impacts of promotional proposals and non-traditional business opportunities.
- Develop and present monthly market updates across both physical and digital markets insights to identify areas of commonality and focus for the digital accounts.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to internal functions as required. Assess gaps in internal reporting and knowledge and create reports to fill the gap.
- Work with central research team to utilise consumer data, to deliver strategy grounded in insights.
- Develop actionable insights for quarterly pitches and business reviews.
- Content distribution landscape; macro-economic/retail environment for Italy and Nordic territories.
- Financial modelling and analysis, budget forecasting, management reporting, communication, advanced-level Excel, reporting tools such as Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI.
- Analyse and consolidate large data sets, provide actionable insight from data to non-specialists, be adaptable to constantly evolving retail environment, multi-task across different territories and stakeholders, challenge in a collaborative way and work independently.
- 5+ years experience is desirable
- Good commercial skill set.
- A high standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong client relationships.
- Excellent team-working and cross functional skills appreciation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong written communications appropriate to both internal and external customers
- Process improvement analysis and innovation.
- Problem identification, analysis and devising and implementing solutions.
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) proficiency required
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive lessfavourabletreatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation,colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)undefined
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”