FAST Channels Specialist
Miami , FloridaREQ ID JR22-11746 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
For additional information, visithttp://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
The FAST Channels Specialist will be in charge of managing FAST Channels for Brazil, LATAM and USH in concert with internal and external partners.
- Execute tasks needed to maintain and launch FAST channels in Brazil, LATAM and USH
- Manage internal and external content, technology and distribution partners across the LATAM region
- Ensure that the FAST channels are meeting their audience and revenue goals
- Establish industry relationships with social media services, development partners, software manufactures.
- Report and track Channels performance and provide recommendations based on data
- Partner with Programming on content curation for each market and channel
- Manage routing deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as a point of contact for FAST Channels, ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed and up to date.
- Lead and develop relationships with third party studios from which network content is licensed and facilitate the acquisition of assets that support priority shows.
- Lead the creation of persuasive presentations in order to sell through ideas and concepts to worldwide network stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned and as the role and business grows.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Keen interest in digital pop culture, TV, Film and streaming technologies. (Social Media, Video and Entertainment Sites.)
- Content programming experience
- Able to prioritize feature requests based on a broad strategy and goals
- An enthusiastic user of new technologies, i.e., an early adopter
- Experience understanding the use of data and identifying what signals provide the necessary outcomes
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate issues and report project status to a diverse non-technical audience
- Ability to troubleshoot and keep a project on track a must
- Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated and proactive.
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and communicate back to peers, and the team. Managing up is a must.
- Must be a team player and manage tight deadlines professionally
- Technical knowledge involving project development tools such as Drupal, JIRA, analytics tools, video CMS.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1+ year work experience within the digital industry working directly on one or more of the following: Streaming, Messaging, Web, Video, Mobile or OTT.
- 1+ year work experience within the streaming/media/television or a related industry
- Knowledge of Drupal 7.x or a similar CMS is required
- Experience with content creation is a plus
- Must maintain an entrepreneurial mindset
- Flexibility and openness to proactively accept new challenges
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”