Miami , FloridaREQ ID JR22-10924 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
For additional information, visithttp://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting with financial reporting and financial analysis. This includes, but is not limited to: planning and preparing activities related to budgets, forecasts and long-term plans, ad-hoc financial analysis and supporting the management team with accurate reports. The Financial Analyst reports to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis and interacts with all levels of SPT management in home office and in the territory as well as with SPE Corporate Finance.
80% Financial Reporting & Analysis: Provide financial analysis for SPT group and other business initiatives. Assist the Finance Manager and the Finance Director with special projects and ad hoc management reporting. Represent the Finance department in business unit-specific meetings and responsible for identifying necessary analysis and updating the department on key items of impact. Develop, implement and report business unit performance measures and key metrics. Prepare and communicate commentary monthly and quarterly for each business unit supported. Prepare monthly variance analysis to budget/forecasts for key management reports. Provide support to the accounting department during the month-end close process to explain variances. Update the Salesforce system on a weekly basis to provide up to date actuals for the Sales team across the region. This person will also be the go-to person for any questions/support related to Salesforce.
20% Budget & Forecasting: Preparation of monthly flash forecasts, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and mid-range plans, including all required corporate submissions. Coordinate with local offices all budget/forecast submissions and requests. Prepare forecasts for monthly Home Office Flash reports. Assist with Budget and MRP presentations.
- Experience of 1+ years in Finance/Accounting/Economics experience is required
- Industry experience in cable, network or digital platforms, advertising sales or television is preferred with international experience also is a plus
- Fluency in English (required); Fluency in Spanish (preferred)
- Advanced skills and experience in Excel are required, including creating complex spreadsheets/advanced formulas for financial analysis
- Proficiency in PowerPoint is preferred
- SAP financial system experience is preferred
- Salesforce financial system experience is preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation and strong leadership skills are essential to this individual’s success
- Effective prioritization skills and time management are essential, as well as the ability to multi-task
- Ability to make commitments and meet deadlines
- Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker
- Effective combination of analytical and organizational skills is required
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work well with all levels of employees and is comfortable/experienced working in a multicultural environment
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of financial and accounting experience including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Knowledge of financial statement preparation and variance analysis, and experience in budget and forecast preparation
Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Accounting/Finance/Economics/Engineering is required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”