(IT Applications) Manager, Solutions Specialist
Miami , FloridaREQ ID JR20-10045 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Manager, Solutions Specialist supports several departments within the Sony Pictures Television business. The Manager, Solutions Specialist is responsible for solving the functional aspects of a software development project so that the end product meets the business and technology requirements and is deliver on-time and on-budget. The Manager, Solutions Specialist will have expert understanding of a particular package software solution or platform, configuration and integration capabilities, as well as overall business process and data functionality and industry benefits.
- Expertise Delivery (60%) - Assist BRM and ADM teams in developing technology requirements and the corresponding functional or technological capabilities of a software platform or business application. Expert on one or more functional and/or technical platform architectures, i.e.SaaS, Middleware, Information Security, Ad Sales, Digital Media, Programming, Scheduling, Right Management, UI Design, Business Intelligence, and Financials solutions.
- Solution Best Practices (25%) - Establish best practice and methodology in the area of solution development and software selection and acquisition. Support the development and selection of new technologies and application development platforms and tools.
- Solution Strategy (10%) - Support enterprise technology solution strategies, vision and competency and participate as a solution thought leader within the IT organization.
- Leadership (5%) - Support enterprise leadership and change initiatives
- Assist with Level 2 and/or 3 support in incident and problem resolution
- Participate in the selection/development and implementation of innovative, technology-based solutions that will result in reliable, flexible, coherent and cost-effective solutions for the benefit of all SPE TV Networks businesses
- Develop and maintain expertise within SPE IT for an assigned set of functional applications and/or package technologies, analytical methods and/or processes ensuring that they operate to and meet or exceed requirements.
- Collaborate with the ADM, BRM, & EIS teams to research third party products and solutions, and bring innovative, value-enriching technology-based solutions to SPE
- Support IT Audit requirements and the business continuity and disaster recovery standards and procedures
- Support the Data Integrity, Process, Technology, Audit & Security architecture requirements of the company and support the standards established by the IT organization
- Provide the functional architecture expertise and leadership to drive complex delivery initiatives for efforts requiring deep business, system or technology understanding (expert). The Solution Specialist Manager will often play the specific delivery role of “functional lead” or “functional architect” on a platform such as Vision, Landmark, Broadview, DealMaker or WideOrbit and can also play this role for functional areas such as Finance, Ad Sales, Programming, Rights Management, Scheduling and Media Asset Management.
- Develop and maintain expertise within SPE IT for an assigned set of functional TV Network applications and/or package technologies, analytical methods and/or processes ensuring that they operate to and meet or exceed requirements.Provide this expertise proactively in the BRM and ADM organizations.
- Drive innovation with the persons area of specialty
- Promote solution collaboration between the BRM functional resources and ADM technical teams
- Provide expert guidance on Level 3 support problems that cannot be resolved by L1, L2 or other technical staff
- Develop solution strategy roadmaps
Key outputs include:
- High- and low-level design documents and technical specifications for development and enhancement work efforts
- Problem Management & Root cause analyses
- Solution strategies and designs
- Technology selection deliverables
- Best practice documents and deliverables for area of expertise
- Educational deliverables
- Experienced in implementing and supporting TV Networks Ad Sales, Traffic, Programming, Scheduling or Rights Management IT Systems from vendors such as Imagine Communications, WideOrbit, Broadview, MediaOcean or Sintec Media.
- Experienced in designing and/or developing in one or more of the following IT disciplines: Web technologies, SaaS Platforms, Field Support and Branch Operations, IT Security & Compliance,
- Package Applications, Digital Media Mgt, Media Distribution, Intellectual Property Rights Mgt, and application development methodologies, and/or application development tools/techniques/practices
- Track record for delivering quality solutions and meeting customer satisfaction measures
- Experienced in translating business requirements into technical specifications and in developing prototypes and in launching pilot tests
- English fluency is required, Spanish fluency is a plus
- Typically, 5+ years of IT work experience, with 3+ years in functional IT applications discipline
- BA/BS Degree is required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."