Manager, Digital, Distribution and Networks, Latin America and Canada
Miami , FloridaREQ ID JR19-11402 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Manager, Digital, Distribution and Networks will help support Sony Pictures Television’s digital Distribution and Networks business across Latin America (including Brazil), Canada and the US Hispanic market. This person will be responsible for coordinating key business development and partnership projects across a variety of business lines, preparing presentations for senior executives, running models, and performing market analyses. The manager will support local offices with the digital distribution business including reviewing digital rights and collaborating to grow and maximize the digital TVOD/EST business. This position will also support SPT’s Affiliate Sales, Pay TV and SVOD distribution businesses and will be responsible for helping to identify new potential revenue opportunities. The Manager, Digital, Distribution and Networks for Latin America and Canada is based in Miami and reports directly to the Vice President, Digital, Distribution and Networks for Latin America and Canada.
- Significant project management responsibilities, including supporting key business development and partnership opportunities. (25%)
- Help monitor and guide the Latin America and Canada regions’ digital strategy. Collaborate with all regional and local Sales, Legal, Sales Planning and Acquisitions teams in SVOD, TVOD, EST and linear deals with digital rights. (20%)
- Assist with the regional coordination of Sony’s digital transactional business, working with the local sales teams on pricing, windowing, partnership opportunities, marketing and promotions. (20%)
- Support Sony’s Latin American affiliate sales business. (10%)
- Identify market trends and new potential digital partners, technologies/IP or platform opportunities with existing and new partners. (10%)
- Support the implementation of digital direct-to-consumer opportunities, such as TV Everywhere applications and new products. (5%)
- Collaborate with Sales Planning, Finance, and Research to develop insights, commercial models, and optimize content and product offerings. (5%)
- Other projects as required. (5%)
Experience / Skills:
- 2+ years in consulting, investment banking, business development or strategy.
- Good knowledge of digital media (i.e., understanding of the business models, changing landscape, and the rights granting parameters).
- Proven analytical and modeling skills and experience in delivering data insights.
- Experience distilling information and preparing documents and presentations for senior executives.
- Robust problem solving abilities, impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Extremely collaborative, team oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of the Latin American media market.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish), both written and spoken, preferred; Portuguese a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."