Manager, International Participations
Miami , FloridaREQ ID JR23-11071 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
For additional information, visithttp://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
Role and Responsibilities
The Manager, GFO PRA is responsible for preparing, processing, and issuing participations and royalties statements to third parties in Sony Picture Entertainment’s international markets specifically in the LATAM region. These responsibilities will include abstracting complex agreements, creating associated first-time statements in the Participations Reporting system (PAWS), managing recurring statements in PAWS, and ensuring all statements/payments are issued timely and accurately. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writing agreement abstracts, setting up first-time statements in PAWS, analyzing inputs such as production cost, third-party reporting, and calculating interest.
- Liaising with Divisional Finance,
- Managing, reviewing, and issuing recurring Participations and Royalty statements for accuracy before distributing payments and statements to third parties.
- Supporting “Talent Friendly” process by ensuring Participations and Royalty statements are issued in a timely manner, resolving participant queries, and being a knowledge partner for Divisional Finance, Legal and Business Affairs.
- Providing analysis and system research by supporting system and process centric projects within PRA group as well as PAWS.
- Converting and maintaining legacy statements in PAWS as needed.
- Supporting local third-party audits as required by Home Office Third Party Audits team including assisting with settlement negotiations.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and ledgers
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, with strong Excel skills
- Strong English and Spanish communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with contract analysis and data modeling based on contractual terms
- Ability to work independently, organize work efficiently, identify and meet deadlines
- Comfort with multitasking and managing multiple projects
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Comfort with working remotely via Microsoft Teams or in-person as job duties require
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA / BS preferred. Accounting / Finance / Legal emphasis preferred.
- 1 – 3 years experience with Participations and Royalties statement analysis.
- Strong Participations and Royalties background.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”