Assistant Manager, Development & Production - Pure Flix
Scottsdale , Arizona | Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11119 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Pure Flix Development and Production Assistant Manager will manage the day-to-day administrative functions and provide creative and production support to the department. There will be heavy development and production related duties as well as interfacing with a variety of creative partners and high-level executives both within Sony Pure Flix and externally.
- Analyze scripts and write notes and coverage as well as create talent lists and check availabilities
- Management of story department, including development database and supervising team of reader consultants.
- Supervise some shows, and coordinate with all incoming productions on production, delivery and post issues.
- Assist in conducting industry outreach to bring in new talent and projects.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an administrative capacity at a production company, agency, management company, or studio/network/streamer
- Knowledge of the development world and practices as well as familiarity with major film agents, agencies, writers and directors
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of story structure and analysis, ability to write coverage and story notes
- Knowledge and understanding of the physical production world and how content gets made
- Production experience preferred
- Experience with Final Draft software
- Proactive, self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Well organized with strict attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”