Director of Consumer Insights - Pure Flix
Scottsdale , ArizonaREQ ID JR22-10629 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Director, Audience Insights will be responsible for leading the execution and evolution of Pure Flix’s data driven marketing roadmap that leverages consumers insight to drive engagement and growth. You will collaborate with colleagues across digital marketing, production, creative, member support an development departments. You must be hands-on, capable of delivering results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
You’ll play a critical role in growing Pure Flix’s consumer base, optimize engagement, conversion and retention and help to understand and create segmented audiences that will aid in the marketing message and journey.
- Manage and develop consumer research from inception to completion. This requires the management of day to day operations, the activations of high value audiences, negotiations with attribution partners, and the communication of results to the overall committee
- Develop and Optimize key research features, designs, templates, aiding in marketing campaigns with A/B tests with consumer segmenting as a priority
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research, including 1-on-1 interviews, group moderation, and ethnographic observation to help optimize conversion and how its audience consumes media across all channels and marketing funnel levels.
- Cultivate consumer insights into actionable recommendations. Present and socialize findings throughout the organization to ensure visibility and integration among various stakeholders.
- Responsible for educating marketing team on key insights on audience, brand, market as well as developments, and progress
- Stay abreast of current trends and new techniques in the field of market research.
- Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of Sony Pictures and Sony TV Entertainment as well as external vendors.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in related field (business, marketing, research, social sciences, etc.) is required
- An MBA, or advanced degree in anthropology, statistics, sociology, behavioral economics or social psychology a plus
- 5-7 years relevant work experience supplier or client-side
- Experience in media & entertainment industry (home entertainment, TV, or film), CPG, retail/e-commerce Industry desired
- Strong project management skills and research experience, including questionnaire design, data analysis and report writing.
- Ability to multitask, and to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
- Effectively communicate and make clear and convincing presentations to stakeholders and executives. Express written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way.
- Flexible personality, strong attention to detail, quick learner, and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Experience in leading and working cross-functionally
- Proficient with in MS Product Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Moderate to advanced statistical software skills (e.g. SPPS, etc.)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”