Director, Sales and Business Development, Australia & New Zealand
Sydney , AustraliaREQ ID JR20-10489 Apply View Saved Jobs
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Distribution, this individual will be a key senior sales executive of the Sony Pictures Entertainment team in Australia and New Zealand evaluating and structuring deals to optimize results and ensure revenue budgets are reached or exceeded as well as to ensure alignment with overall divisional and corporate objectives. The Director will have responsibility for deal negotiations, content distribution strategy, analyses, deal models, term sheets and long form agreements across predominantly new media (EST, TVOD, SVOD, AVOD, FVOD) and will also support traditional media (Free TV, Pay TV, Basic TV). Further, he/she will assess and support opportunities and negotiations for local content production and acquisitions.
The position is required to be client-facing and will lead on most deal negotiations while working closely with Distribution executives in Los Angeles and other regional teams to support deals with global entertainment services. The Director will act as a critical liaison between Sony Pictures Television, Home Entertainment and Theatrical Releasing groups in developing windows and pricing strategies to achieve maximum benefit for Sony Pictures Entertainment. Additionally, he/she will work closely with internal teams which includes Sales, Planning and Operations, Research, Legal and Finance teams across Asia Pacific and in Los Angeles.
The Director will also identify and assess the feasibility and market potential of local business opportunities that can fuel SPT’s growth and be a thought leader on new video consumption business models and their impact on SPE.
- Over 10 years of relevant business experience, with at least 5 years in the media/TV industry
- MBA preferred, Bachelor degree required
- Strong financial and commercial skills are a necessity. Excellent business acumen, strategic thinking and ability to lead deal negotiations
- Advanced capabilities in analyses/modelling, crafting and reviewing term sheets, proficient in reviewing legal agreements
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to influence and make decisions using data
- Genuine interest in understanding and embracing new business models
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Extremely good and structured communicator, both verbal and written
- Team player with high energy and a positive attitude
- Unsatisfied with status-quo; ambitious
- Experience as an analyst in an investment bank or management consultancy an advantage
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."